Sunday, August 30, 2009

Honey Bunches of Cupcakes (now with pecans!)

I am all about reinvention. And uping the anty. And raising the stakes. And making it count. And owning your experience. (Full disclosure, a wise man- read, cute boy- once told me that one.)

However, let it be known that there are a few things in this world that should be left alone. We'll keep this food-focused to make things easy: Coffee? Leave it alone. Cupcakes? Self-explanatory. Need I say more?

So goes my diatribe surrounding Honey Bunches of Oats, wait for it... with Pecan bunches. Not only is the double bunches mention redundant- we get it, there are bunches of somethings- but pecans are just simply NOT cereal material. Muffins? Sure! Pie? Of course! Bread, cake, even cupcakes? Why not! But cereal... oh. no. you. DID-N'T.

A little background. I am a cereal connoisseur, OH YES I AM. During various vacations growing up, my dad and I would have contests to see how many mini- boxes of cereal we could eat. I was like 10. To no one's surprise he would win, but
my life-long obsession with cereal was just beginning. Favorites you ask? Rice Krispies & Cheerios. I know, I know, boring, right? Naaaa-uuuuh. (Bringing out my inner- kindergartner's vocabulary.) While other kids were busy eating Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms, I was snap, crackle and popping without the added sugar crash around 2p. This may have contributed to my current sugar addiction at present, but that's another story for another time.

ANYWAY, PECANS. In cupcakes, maybe. In cereal, terrible.

One minor, little, tiny detail though- I have yet to try the new bunches. Yes, I am judgmental when it comes to cereal. I think I'll stick to cupcakes.

No comments: