Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reindeer Cupcakes

Alright people... it's holiday time. Ready. Set. Cupcake.

A few staples for the holidays...

But first, a disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I think Chanukah is a beautiful celebration, but let's face it- even in LA where 98.5% of the population is a member of this blessed tribe, Chanukah gets no love. Therefore, I must fall back to what we all know best, Christmas. I am still a good Jew. (I think.)

Ok... holiday staples.

1. Kost 103.5: I have Love Songs with Karen Sharp "Holiday Edition" to thank for the constant stream of Goyim favorites- my top three being Last Christmas (a George Michael classic), Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (thank you Brenda Lee) and the can't live without All I Want for Christmas by the infamous Mariah Carey.

And...

2. The Grove: No one can take away my Disneyland at the Grove. Yes, it's touristy. Yes, it's tacky (at times) and YES the Cheesecake Factory is so 2001. HOWEVER, you cannot tell me that a place where fountains dance, music comes out of the sidewalk and there are occasional puppet shows and dancing on the greens is not AMAZING. And, because the Grove does not stop at AMAZING, the holidays bring out its best.

It SNOWS.

Yes, that's right my fellow holiday-cheersters. SNOW.

Upon arrival a few Fridays ago (after photos in front of the Christmas tree and lots of oogling at the gingerbread house and Christmas lights) my sister and I were treated to an impromptu performance by the 'Top Hats', a group of girls decked out in Santa outfits and riding a trolley gilded in holly and tulle.

Just as their rendition of the can-can was winding down, I began to tell my sister the story of this magical night two years ago when I happened to be at the Grove during December and it snowed...

Well, you can guess what happened next... 'Let It Snow' started playing from behind a bush, and all of a sudden- *POOF*-

SNOW!! We proceeded to take a dozen photos of us in the 'snow' and skip down the the lane 'my darling.'

It was the best hour I've ever spent there, and definitely a holiday highlight.

I'm sure there are cupcakes at the Grove, but those sneaky reindeer must have ate them all.

Or maybe it was Santa.

2 comments:

Gilda said...

SO CUTE! Even I admit that the grove during the holidays is a delight!

Jessie B. R. said...

Um, I LOVE love songs on Light FM! Heavenly. I must tune in tonight! xo